Quinoa Mini Burgers with Caramelized Onion
Quinoa is a very versatile cereal, which serves both to make tabouleh and also to make thicker preparations, such as mini hamburgers that you can use as a starter in a celebration or for your children to eat cereal as energetic and healthy as the quinoa.
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Medium Time:60 Min.
- 1 CUP OF QUINOA
- 2 CUPS OF WATER
- 125 GR FIRM TOFU
- 1 LEEK
- 1 COURGETTE
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES
- 1 TBSP MUSTARD
For the caramelized onions
- 1 TBSP BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- SALT, PEPPER
Cut the onions into half-moons. Put a pan on the fire with a little olive oil on the base of it. The fire must be at a medium-high. Put a small amount of onion in the pot and when it starts to fry, add the rest and lower the heat. Go stirring from time to time, and if you see that it is getting too dry or begins to stick to the base, add a few drops of water.
- Cook the quinoa: for that, first wash the quinoa well, put it a few minutes to soak and when you see that the water has turned milky, strain and wash it well underneath the tap. Put the washed quinoa with doublé the amount of water to boil, adding a pinch of salt. When it breaks to boil, lower the heat, cover the casserole and let it cook for 25 minutes over low heat. When you see that there is no water in the base, it will be ready, therefore, you should put it in a bowl and let it cool to be able to then form hamburgers with your hands.
- Sauté the leek with the garlic until translucent. Add the grated courgette and sauté a few more minutes. Finally, put the crumbled tofu and let it cook for ten minutes, adding salt and pepper and covering the pan. Keep for later.
- In the bowl of the quinoa, mix this last preparation and add the mustard. Check the flavour, and if necessary, add more salt and pepper.
- Form small burgers and fry them in a pan that you will only brush with a little oil.
- Finally, put the burgers with a little caramelized onion on top.
KITCHEN TIPS: adding a little basil or chopped fresh mint to the burgers gives them a unique touch. You can coat them in polenta to give them a crunchier touch.