Carrot Cream with Turmeric
We are losing the healthy habit of having soup or cream as a starter at meals. This Carrot Cream with Turmeric has some anti-oxidant spices. free radicals that prevent the aging of the skin, besides being a powerful anti-carcinogen.
A tip for all nutrients to be absorbed better: at the time of serving, add a splash of olive oil, provitamin A (beta carotene) is a fat-soluble vitamin that with a little fat (olive oil) is better absorbed.
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Easy Time: 25 Min.
- 1 RED ONION
- ½ LEEK
- 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC
- 3 CARROTS
- ½ SWEET POTATO
- 1 FRESH TURMERIC ROOT
- 1 TEASPOON OF GROUND TURMERIC
- BLACK PEPPER
- BLACK CUMIN
- OLIVE OIL
- A PINCH OF SALT
- In a pan, sauté the onion, the leek, and the garlic. Add a pinch of salt and the black cumin, we leave to sauté for five minutes along with the grated turmeric, the turmeric powder, and the black pepper.
- Cut the onion into large pieces along with the sweet potato and carrot. We sauté all the vegetables a few more minutes and add the water until all is covered.
- The preparation should boil slightly (with the casserole covered) until the vegetables are cooked.
- Once they are soft, blend everything until soft and creamy.
KITCHEN TIPS: sauté the red onion, leek, and garlic first in the pan, until they are slightly brown so that the cream is not too sweet: keep in mind that it has sweet potatoes and carrots, which are two root vegetables that are sweet. With black pepper, in addition to putting a spicy touch, you will get curcumin from turmeric (a potent anti-inflammatory) to absorb better.