Antioxidant Green Tea Porridge
Why is it healthy to take porridge to start the morning? Did you know that the slow-cooked cereal helps you control your energy so that it lasts all day?
This wise way to eat breakfast, popular in the Anglo-Saxon countries, is very good to start with daily meals or to break-the-fast.
The body, which has been resting for at least 8 hours, needs to start working progressively. I propose this rich and healthy habit so that you have constant energy during the day.
Green tea is an ingredient also full of antioxidants, so this combination will surprise you and your family.
SERVINGS: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy TIME: 30 Min.
- 3 TEASPOONS OF GREEN TEA
- 3 CUPS OF BOILING WATER
- 3 CUPS ORGANIC ALMOND MILK
- 3 CUPS ROLLER OATS
- 2 TBSP RICE SYRUP
- ORGANIC RAISINS
- GOJI BERRIES
- CACAO NIBS
- BRAZIL NUTS
- PECAN NUTS
- 3 TBSP ORGANIC DATE SYRUP
- 2 PINCHES OF SALT
- Add the loose tea to a tea infuser, and allow to steep in the boiling water for 3 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the oats, almond milk, salt and the steeped green tea. Bring to bubble on med-high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and top with the toppings mentioned above. Sweeten with organic date syrup or sweetener of your choice.
KITCHEN TIPS: You can choose any other spiced infusion, like star anise, cardamom… Use the tea bags with nothing inside (they are sold at a very low price in specialized tea stores) fill it with your favourite spice or tea, and infuse it until you get the base for the porridge.