Mango Pie with Cardamom.
These two combinations are amazing: exotic, fruity, fluffy. You can describe as you want but the result is a mouth-watering pie, prepared with sweet ripe mango.
You will surprise your family and friend, offering this pie both as a dessert or as a snack, very very tasty!
Servings: 8 Difficulty: Easy Time: 40 Min.
- 1 TBSP GROUND FLAXSEEDS (SOAKED IN 3 TBSP OF WATER)
- 1/2 A CUP OF NON-HYDROGENATED MARGARINE (COCONUT)
- ¾ CUP RICE SYRUP
- 1/2 CUP RIPE MANGO
- 2 TBSP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR + ONE CUP ALMOND MILK
- 1 TBSP LEMON JUICE
- 1 TBSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 CUPS ORGANIC SPELT FLOUR
- 1 TSP GROUND CARDAMOM
- 1 TSP ALUMINIUM FREE BAKING POWDER
- 1 TSP BAKING SODA
- 1/2TSP SALT
- 1 TBSP LEMON ZEST
Topping: Mango Compote
- 1 RIPE MANGO CUT INTO CUBES
- ¼ CUP OF WATER OR APPLE JUICE
- 2 TBSP RICE SYRUP
- A PINCH OF SALT
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Soak the ground flax seeds with three tablespoons of water. Let them release the mucilage and keep them for later. It will make an emulsifying effect similar to egg or use an egg instead if you prefer.
- Blend the flaxseed with the water and add the coconut cream or beat the egg and mix with the coconut cream.
- Mix in a bowl the rest wet ingredients: the mixture above (either with flax or with egg) the rice syrup, non-hydrogenated margarine, the ripe mango, the vanilla extract, and the lemon juice. Blend everything.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: the flour, the cardamom powder, the baking powder, the baking soda, the salt and the lemon zest. Mix everything well.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients with evolving movements, to introduce air into the cake.
- Bake at 180 º C for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare a compote with the mango cut into cubes: in a pan, cook it with a little water or apple juice, and add two tablespoons of rice syrup and the pinch of salt.
- We can put this compote on top of the baked cake, either by blending it or keeping the pieces of mango as they are. You can decorate with dried coconut on top.
KITCHEN TIPS: For obtaining a strong flavour of mango, the mango you buy has to be really ripe. You can enhance the flavour using cinnamon, cardamom or bergamot.