Celery Root Cream with Basil Emulsion
Do you know the celery root? It’s an amazing vegetable, unknown to many people, has great flavour and many medicinal properties. I invite you to try this recipe that will surprise you. The combination with the basil is absolutely amazing!
Servings:4 Difficulty: Very Easy Time: 20 Min
- 600 GR CELERY ROOT (2 PIECES APPROXIMATELY)
- 1 RED ONION
- 1 LEEK
- 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC
- 1 LITER VEGETABLE STOCK
- 2 TBSP WHITE MISO
- 1 TSP UMEBOSHI VINEGAR
- SALT, PEPPER
For the basil emulsion
- 200 ML OLIVE OIL
- 2 BUNCHES FRESH BASIL
- Chop the onion, leeks and garlic in large pieces. In a medium saucepan, add a little bit of olive oil and sauté the vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper, until they are translucent. If we see that it is getting too dry, we can add a little vegetable broth to hydrate the preparation.
- Peel and cut the celery root into cubes and add them to the rest of the vegetables. After five minutes, pour the vegetable broth to cover the sautéed vegetables. We let everything boil and lower the fire. They have to be cooked over low heat. When all the vegetables are soft, we pass the blender and beat everything. It is better to remove some broth and then add it little by little, that we have too much liquid preparation.
- Dilute the two tablespoons of white miso with a little water in a glass and add it to the cream. We blend again.
- For the basil oil: We boil water and blanch the basil for a few seconds. We cool it in water and ice so it does not lose the intense green. We dry well and crush it together with olive oil.
KITCHEN TIPS: An interesting trick not to get the cream too sweet is to drop a little bit of umeboshi vinegar, but it has to be very little so that it is not too acid.