Kale and Chocolate Healthy Cake
Do you know that you can cook a cake using kale? this vegetable gives moist and hydration to cakes and doughs, they get fluffy and delicious!
SERVINGS: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy TIME: 40 Min.
- 80 GR NO HYDROGENATED ORGANIC BUTTER
- 30 GR CACAO POWDER
- 125 ML MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 KALE LEAVES (BLENDED IN A KITCHEN ROBOT)
- ½ TSP BAKING SODA
- ½ TSP ALUMINIUM FREE BAKING POWDER
- 2 EGGS OR 2 TBSP OF FLAXSEED SOAKED IN SIX TBSP OF WATER
- 100 GR SPELT FLOUR
- 200 GR COOKED SWEET POTATO
- 100 GR CHOCOLATE (MINIMUM 85% OF COCOA)
- 3 TBSP MAPLE SYRUP
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
- Mix the cacao and butter (at room temperature) until you get a silky paste. Add the maple syrup, the blended kale leaves and the baking soda. Mix until you obtain a regular lump-free dough and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs or the soaked flaxseeds. Add the mixture to the butter and cacao preparation while stirring.
- Add the flour and continue whisking until the batter is homogeneous.
- Place the dough in a previously greased mould and bake from 20 till 25 minutes.
- To make the topping, cook the sweet potato with plenty of water until it’s soft. With the help of a blender, blend the sweet potato and put it in a pan in a bain-marie. Incorporate chocolate and maple syrup. Let it all melt. Blend again. Put this mixture on top of the chocolate cake or decorate with the help of a pastry bag.