Delicious Gluten-Free poppy seed buns made with Organic Flours
This recipe is unusual for the fact that we prepare our own flours, most of the time these gluten-free processed flours are far from being healthy.
Servings: 10 Buns Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Medium
- 210 GR BUCKWHEAT FLOUR
- 180 GR BLOWN RICE FLOUR
- 100 GR QUINOA FLOUR
- 70 GR MANDIOCA STARCH
- 25 GR FRESH YEAST
- 10 GR FLAXSEED
- 20 GR PHYSILLIUM
- 2 TSP SEA SALT
- 15 POPPY SEEDS
- 600 ML WARM WATER
- 10 OLIVE OIL
- POPPY SEEDS FOR DECORATION
- Prepare the dry ingredients first. In a bowl, place the flours and starch, the ferment, salt, and the poppy seeds (keep some for decoration).
- Apart, blend the flax seeds and mix them with psyllium. Soak everything with enough water to cover. Let them release the mucilage for at least 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, prepare the liquids. Place the water, the oil, and beat well until everything is well mixed
- Add the liquids to the drys, adding also the ground flaxseeds and the psyllium soaked, until the dough is well linked and mixed. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Place the dough on the countertop, sprinkled with buckwheat flour, knead lightly and form the buns
- Place them in a baking tray previously covered with vegetable paper, pinch them with a little oil and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cover them with a cloth and let them take 40 to 60 minutes, depending on the temperature in your home. They have to double almost their size.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Put them in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
KITCHEN TIPS: You can put some dried tomatoes in oil, seasoned with salt and pepper in the centre of the buns before baking. It will give them a juicy touch.