Grain Buckwheat Creps
These grain buckwheat creps are Gluten-free, very healthy, and with another important feature, they contain no flour! You can combine them with sweet or salty preparations and take them for a picnic.
Buckwheat is a cereal that warms the body up and balances it, has a nutty flavour and combines very well with many types of fillings:
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Very Easy Time: 10 Minutes
(plus 4 hours of soaking buckwheat)
- 250 GR GRAIN BUCKWHEAT
- 1 EGG OR 1 TBSP FLAXSEEDS SOAKED IN 3 TBSP OF WATER
- 1 PINCH OF SALT
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL, GHEE OR COCONUT OIL
- OPTIONAL: OAT MILK TO MAKE THE DOUGH MORE RUNNY
- Soak the grain buckwheat for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the soaking water, cover again (just cover) with water and blend with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- In a pan, put some olive oil (or ghee or coconut oil) on high heat and when it melts, remove the excess with kitchen paper. When the pan has warmed up, add two tablespoons of the dough and spread it as much as possible. When it starts to bubble, turn it over with a spatula and wait until it cooks on the other side.
KITCHEN TIPS: Do not overcook the crepe, because it will get too dry. Don’t use roasted buckwheat or Kasha, the dough breaks up when you try to make the crepe. You can vary the thickness of the crepe: thinner or thicker, as a pancake, it’s also delicious!