Strawberries and Tonka Bean
Strawberries and Tonka Bean Refreshing “Milk” Shake
Refreshing and aromatic recipe, suitable for hot summer days. The tonka bean, which we will add at the end, will enhance the flavour of the strawberries. Do not forget to also add a pinch of salt to balance the recipe and enhance the sweetness of the smoothie.
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Very Easy Time: 5 Min.
- 500 GR OF STRAWBERRIES
- 250 ML APPLE JUICE
- 120 GR RICE SYRUP
- 3 PITTED DATES
- 3 GR AGAR AGAR
- 500 GR TOFU CHEESE or SILKEN TOFU
- 1 TONKA BEAN
- 1 LEMON
- A PINCH OF SALT
- Clean the strawberries and cut them into halves.
- Cook the dates with the apple juice until they are soft. Add the agar and let it boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool down and set aside.
- Blend with the rest of the ingredients: the grated tonka bean, the zest of a lemon, the rice syrup, the tofu cheese and the pinch of salt.
- Introduce the mixture in the fridge and let it solidify.
- Blend again until it has the consistency of a mousse. Serve with cut strawberries on top and sliced almonds.
KITCHEN TIPS: You can make a jam with more strawberries, cooking about 10 strawberries with three tablespoons of rice syrup and half a glass of apple juice. Let the strawberries go puree and let the liquid evaporate. You can blend everything or leave it like that, and put it as a topping to give it colour. And of course, add 1/2 grated tonka bean for the exotic flavour!