Cold Beetroot Remineralizing Shots
Beetroot is a root vegetable with a sweet taste. Cucumber is refreshing and smooth. These cold beetroot energetic shots are Antioxidant, colourful and flavourous, have incredible benefits in the kitchen and health.
Our well-being and health are important to maintain inner balance. Eating ingredients that nature provides us every season, will let us stay in good condition and happiness. It’s like a gazpacho, a Spanish cold soup that is to refresh the body and give energy.
In this cold soup energetic recipe, I’ve added seawater, which has enzymes and trace elements, as well as minerals, very beneficial for our health. You can buy it in organic shops, or you can take it directly from the sea. And if you don’t have it, add unrefined sea salt to the shots.
This easy-to-prepare beetroot cold soup has many advantages, it’s easy to drink, and almost everyone likes it. Beets have an intense colour, and this colour is mainly because it contains anthocyanins, a powerful antioxidant with anti-cancer properties. Its flavour, texture and colour make this soup or smoothie appealing to both the palate and health.
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Very Easy Time: 10 Min.
- 1 ONION
- 2 GARLIC
- 1 LARGE BEETROOT
- 250 ML OF WATER OR BROTH
- HALF CUCUMBER
- 10 ML OF SEAWATER
- 1 TBSP UMEBOSHI VINEGAR
- AROMATIC HERBS: THYME, BASIL, MINT …
- OLIVE OIL, SALT AND PEPPER
- Peel the beetroot, wash it well, grate it and put it in a saucepan, cover it with 250 ml of water or broth and let it cook for 15 minutes with a pinch of salt. When it’s ready, check if it’s cooked and let it cool in the same broth.
- In another casserole, put a little olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic. When they are golden brown, turn off the heat and keep it for later.
- When the two previous preparations are warm, put them together, add the rest of the ingredients: the cucumber, seawater, umeboshi vinegar, aromatic herbs of your choice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
KITCHEN TIPS: If you want to turn this cold beetroot remineralizing shots into a truly remineralizing cold soup, you can add a teaspoon of spirulina algae, which in addition to being high in protein, has a lot of iron, selenium, manganese and phosphorus.