Sprout Salad, Cauliflower Pickles and Seaweed
This fresh and original sprout salad is proper for this season.
A nutritious and fresh salad for this spring. According to Chinese Traditional Medicine, spring has an upward, growing energy, and the food we eat in this season must promote that energy. Sprouts or sprouts have this upward energy, they grow fast when they have the necessary conditions to sprout. Store them in the fridge for 4 to 5 days once they have grown enough.
Try this delicious green salad, with the combination of green with fermented or pickles that provide an intense flavour with a beneficial effect on our liver.
Here you are some basic ideas that you can combine with different ingredients, dressings etc. I enjoy it very much when I introduce crispy ingredients like broccoli florets, grated carrot or toasted seeds.
- 2 HANDFULS OF FENUGREEK SPROUTS
- 100 GR DE CAULIFLOWER FLORETTES
- 1 TBSP UMEBOSHI VINEGAR
- ½ SHEET NORI SEAWEED
- 2 HANDFULS ROCKET
TOASTED SESAME SEED OIL DRESSING
- 1 TBSP TOASTED SESAME SEED OIL
- ½ ORANGE (THE JUICE AND THE ZEST)
- 1 TSP MUSTARD
- SOME DROPS OF LEMON JUICE
- SALT, PEPPER
- Prepare the sprouts according to the instructions above.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and put them in a bowl. Pour in the tablespoon of umeboshi vinegar and mix well. Let them ferment lightly for two hours.
- Toast the nori seaweed and cut it into small pieces.
- To prepare the dressing, put all the ingredients in a glass and mix well
- Mix all the ingredientes togeher.
KITCHEN TIPS: You can toast some seeds (pumpkin, sunflower…) to add them to the salad. For that, put a saucepan over high heat, and when you see that it has heated up enough, introduce the seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin, sesame …) and stir constantly so that they do not burn. When they turn slightly brown, you can add a little tamari or shoyu or umeboshi vinegar