Warm Courgette Vichysoisse with Mint and Lemon Verbena
A bowl of warm soup to start lunch or dinner, with a lemony flavour due to the aroma of lemon verbena, and very refreshing as the touch of mint that appears at the end.
I invite you to try it and experiment by yourself in many other ways that this soup can be prepared.
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Easy Time: 20 Min.
- 1 LEEK
- 1 ONION
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES
- 1 COURGETTE
- 150 GR FINE OATS
- 1 L VEGETABLE BROTH OR WATER
- 20 ML ORGANIC SOYBEAN CREAM OR OAT CREAM
- 1 TBSP GHEE
- 5 OR 6 LEAVES LEMON VERBENA AND 5 OR 6 LEAVES MINT
- SALT AND PEPPER
- Sauté the leek, garlic and onion cut into medium pieces in a saucepan with a little olive oil. Add a pinch of salt to make the vegetables sweat a little. Go stirring from time to time and when you see that they are turning brown, add the courgette cut into cubes. Wait some minutes.
- Add vegetable broth or water to the vegetables. Let them cook for about 15 minutes. Then, add the rolled oats and the oat or soy cream and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn the heat off and blend everything with the lemon verbena and mint (only the leaves).
- Add ghee at the last minute, check the taste and add some organic soy sauce or tamari if necessary.
KITCHEN TIPS: If you want the aroma of lemon verbena and mint to be more intense, previously infuse the water or broth with the mint and lemon verbena leaves. Once the water is boiling, switch the heat off and add the leaves. Wait for 5 minutes. This aromatic broth is prepared all ready to add to the veggies to make the soup.