Tomato Spicy Sauce with Cinnamon and Curry
An interesting “Tomato” Spicy Sauce with Cinnamon and Curry to combine with vegetables, stews, grilled dishes … gives an exotic and different touch, and a lot of flavour in our dishes. It’s very easy to do and very very healthy.
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Easy Time: 20 Min
- 1 CINNAMON STICK
- 1 TSP CUMIN SEEDS
- 1 ONION
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC
- 1 TSP CURRY POWDER
- 1 TSP TURMERIC
- SALT, AND 1 PICH OF BLACK PEPPER
- 1 STALK CELERY
- 2 CARROTS
- WATER OR VEGETAL BROTH TO COVER
- 1 CHUNK OF COOKED BEETROOT
- 1 TSP UMEBOSHI PASTE
- 1 TSP APPLE CONCENTRATE
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Before the oil is hot, put the cinnamon stick and the teaspoon of cumin.
- When both begin to bubble and release the aroma, add the onion and garlic to medium pieces and rise the heat. Stir constantly until they have caught a golden colour.
- Then add the powdered spices: the curry, the turmeric and the black pepper. Mix the spices well with the onion and garlic and add the rest of the vegetables.
- Cover the vegetables with water or vegetable stock, cover the pan with a lid and wait for the vegetables to cook.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, and blend the vegetables with a piece of cooked beetroot to put colour in the sauce, add also the umeboshi paste and the apple concentrate, to get the acidic touch of the tomato.
KITCHEN TIPS: Go adding the beetroot until you get the desired colour. Do it little by little, and do the same with the umeboshi paste, you have to put a little at the beginning so that the sauce doesn’t get too acid.