Sweet Potato Aromatic Porridge
Do you think that you can only get the sweet flavour from sugar? Many root vegetables are sweet, and when we bake them, their flavour is enhanced. You can try this sweet potato aromatic porridge for breakfast, sweet and delicious!
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Easy Time: 15 Min.
+ 35 Minutes for baking
- 360 GR SWEET POTATO
- 120 GR GLUTEN-FREE OAT FLAKES
- 80 GR PUMPKIN
- 400 ML VEGETABLE MILK (OAT, RICE OR ALMOND MILK)
- 400 ML WATER
- 2 CINNAMON STICKS
- 6 CLOVES
- 3 TBSP COCONUT OIL OR GHEE
- PUMPKIN SEEDS, SESAME SEEDS
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into big chunks. Place it in a bowl and mix it with the rest of the ingredients: the cinnamon, the cloves, the ghee or coconut oil and the salt. Mix well with your hands until the sweet potato has got the flavour of the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray previously lined with baking paper and bake at 180 ° C for approximately 35 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is soft, mash it well with a fork. Be careful to remove the cloves before.
- In a saucepan, place the sweet potato, the grated pumpkin, the vegetable milk of your choice, the oat flakes, a little more ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Over low heat, let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick.
- You can blend it all or leave the porridge with pieces. You will see that it’s also delicious.
KITCHEN TIPS: if you prefer grain oatmeal (instead of flakes), you can leave it to soak the day before, cook it alone (with a little bit of salt) with the pressure cooker for half an hour and then add the baked sweet potato just like in the recipe that I explain above. With this sweet potato aromatic porridge you’will get more energy (and more warmth) with this super autumnal recipe.