Almond and Coconut Cookies for Granny, healthy and delicious!
These fluffy cookies are so tasty that you will be craving them with no guilt sensation as they are light and easy to digest.
The idea of making these cookies came to me from cooking for a family very dear to me, who have a 99-year-old grandmother who likes eating cookies but cannot eat them because she has trouble chewing well. I was thinking about how to make them softer, so here is the recipe, I have done it several times modifying some ingredients. The mixture of almond and coconut flavour is very good, and dates give them a special touch.
Servings: 20 Cookies Difficulty: Easy Time: 15 Min.
+ 15 Minutes baking
- 60 GR NON-HYDROGENATED VEGAN BUTTER, COCONUT OIL OR GHEE
- 110 GR COCONUT FLOUR
- 125 GR ALMOND FLOUR
- 60 GR WHITE SPELT FLOUR
- A PINCH OF SALT
- 20 PITTED DATES
- 2 EGGS OR TWO TABLESPOONS OF FLAXSEEDS SOAKED IN SIX TBSP OF WATER
- 100 GR OF RICE SYRUP
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until everything is perfectly combined.
- Make small dough balls, flatten them and cut them with a cookie-cutter.
- Bake at 150ºC (without preheating the oven) for 15 to 20 minutes, until cooked, but not crispy. Let them cool down.
- Keep them in the fridge.
KITCHEN TIPS: If you don’t like coconut flavour, you can substitute this flour for rice flour. To give more intensity to the sweetness, you can replace rice syrup with maple syrup, but you have to know that the greater the intensity of sweetness (even if it’s natural), the higher the glycemic index in your blood.