How to Improve Stomach Acidity and Other Digestive Pathologies
Medications relieve the symptoms of heartburn, but, to solve the problem there are some natural remedies that can improve this painful digestive condition.
Gastroesophageal reflux or GER occurs when the oesophagal ring does not close well, which causes the contents of the stomach to return to the oesophagus in the form of acidity. The stomach has a layer that protects it from its own acids, but the oesophagus does not.
When the reflux is chronic and lasts over time, leads to a pathological condition. This usually leads to esophagitis (inflammation of the oesophagus) and Barrett’s oesophagus.
This excess of acidity in the stomach can cause the following:
- To have a Hiatal Hernia, when part of the stomach passes into the oesophagus that ascends to the thorax.
- Acid Peptic Disease, in Gastritis or Peptic Ulcer mode where the lining of the stomach is damaged by acids.
- The most common pharmacological treatments are antacids and proton pump inhibitors (Omeprazole, among the best-known brands) that cause the stomach to produce less acid than usual. They are inhibitors of gastric motility and protectors of the mucose.
To treat the origin of the problem, we can adapt daily habits that help us to improve little by little these annoying and limiting symptoms. It’s better to consult a specialist who will advise us for more concrete measures for our specific case.
Sometimes it is difficult to opt for natural ways when these medications are taken by softening in the stomach the effects of other drugs that damage our stomach: medication for epilepsy etc.
We must be very consistent and minimize the use of highly acidifying foods that harm us, to gradually reduce these drugs that are often based on the use of aluminium that makes an artificial and very toxic protective effect in our body.
Plants and Food for the Stomach
- LIQUORICE (If we don’t have high blood pressure)
- CABBAGE JUICE
- CARROT AND DAIKON TEA
When Eating Out
- Try not to eat fritters or very oily preparations.
- Drink green tea instead of any alcoholic drink, accompanied by lemon.
- Avoid drinking during meals.
- Before the meals, drink lemon juice with warm water or with a quarter of umeboshi plum. to make it more practical, we can buy in organic shops ume balls, ready to chew at any time.
- Do not take desserts or eat them for about 30 minutes after finishing the meal.