Orange Blossom Flavoured Marzipans
Do you think that healthy desserts are flavourless? I invite you to cook these healthy orange blossom flavoured marzipans, yummy, smooth and good for the digestion.
SERVINGS: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy TIME: 30 Minutes
- 100 GR COOKED WHITE BEANS
- 110 GR COUSCOUS
- 110 ML APPLE JUICE
- A PINCH OF SALT
- 3 TBSP ALMOND BUTTER
- 70 GR DEMERARA SUGAR
- 1 ORANGE ZEST
- 1 TBSP ORANGE BLOSSOM
- 1 TSP VANILLA
- 3 TBSP WHITE SESAME SEEDS
- Soak the white beans overnight.
- The next morning cook them in a pressure cooker for an hour, open the lid and check that they are cooked. If so, add a pinch of salt, remove excess water and cook for an additional 15 minutes until they are thick. Let them cool down and set aside.
- Put the couscous in a bowl. Put the apple juice to boil in a saucepan, and when it is boiling, pour the juice over the couscous. Cover and keep it 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients with your hands. When it is a smooth but thick dough, wash your hands, and with wet hands, form 40 gr balls (weigh them so that they all are exactly the same) and on a plate put the sesame seeds. They are more beautiful if you “coat” them with sesame seeds
KITCHEN TIPS: If you don’t want to eat the gluten balls, you can substitute the couscous for millet. You can also put a touch of rum or brandy to give them a festive touch.
Cacao and Adzuki Christmas Truffles
These truffles are amazing! adzuki are alkaline beans that are very proper for cooking desserts. If you combine them with cacao they are even more mouth-watering. Cook and try them and you will experiment their incredible flavour
SERVINGS: 4 DIFICULTAD: Easy TIME: 30 Minutes (plus 2 hours in the fridge)
- 200 GR COOKED AZUKIS
- 150 GR COCONUT SUGAR
- 4 TBSP COCONUT OIL OR CACAO BUTTER
- 50 GR ALMOND FLOUR
- 100 GR NON FAT CACAO POWDER
- 2 TBSP CASHEW BUTTER
- A PINCH OF SALT
- Soak the azukis overnight.
- The next day, remove the soaking water and put new water.
- Cook the azuki beans for one hour in the pressure cooker. When they are soft, we add a pinch of salt. If they have too much water, remove the excess and leave another 15 minutes. Put the azukis in a bowl and let them cool down.
- In a bowl, put all the ingredients together, including the azuki beans, and mix it very well with the hands, until all the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Put the bowl in the fridge and wait for about two hours.
- Form balls of about 40 grams of weight each so that they stay the same
KITCHEN TIPS: You can put some rum to give them a festive touch. You can substitute the cacao for carob or mixing both cacao and carob…