Miso, Tangerine and Cardamom Creamy Sauce
Easy, delicious and fresh sauce for many of your veggie dishes.
I propose you this miso and tangerine sauce, exciting and easy to prepare. It has a pleasant and exotic flavour that combines two ingredients whose function are to dry the humidity in the body: the tangerine zest and cardamom.
In other words, a practical and easy sauce for all kind of dishes, delicious and quick to prepare.
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Very Easy Time: 5 Minutes
(plus 20 minutes for cooking the veggies)
- 8 TOASTED CASHEWS
- 1 TSP LEMON JUICE
- 2 TBSP SESAME OIL
- 1 TBSP WHITE MISO
- 1 TSP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1 TSP TANGERINE ZEST
- ½ TSP CHOPPED CARDAMOM SEEDS
- HALF CARMELIZED ONION
- A PINCH OF SALT
- 2 HANDFULS OF GREEN BEANS
- 1 WHITE SWEET POTATO
- First of all. toast the cashews in a saucepan over medium-high heat. When they are golden brown, let them soak for a couple of hours.
- Sauté the onion in a pan and add a pinch of salt and cover. We let it caramelize.
- Blend in all the ingredients.
- To cook the vegetables put saltwater to boil in a pan. Blanche the green beans (cut into thin strips) and let them cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Do the same with the white sweet potato, and cook it for 15 minutes.
- Finally, mix the two vegetables in a bowl and add some oil and tamari.
- To end, put a few drops of sauce over the vegetables and serve them warm.
KITCHEN TIPS: it’s a delicious but dense sauce, so I suggest you not put too much to accompany the vegetables. You can substitute cashews for other nuts, and cardamom for cloves, the sauce is also delicious!