Cinnamon flavoured Pumpkin Tempura
Tempura is usually made with vegetables, nori seaweed or fish, but you can make it sweet and crunchy, with the exotic touch of cinnamon. Add any other spices and it will be just as tasty!
Servings: 4 Difficulty: Easy Time: 30 Min.
- ½ HOKKAIDO PUMPKIN
- 200 ML OF VERY COLD APPLE JUICE (FROM THE FRIDGE)
- 3 TBSP RICE SYRUP
- ½ A CUP OF ARROWROOT
- ½ CUP CORN FLOUR
- 1 CUP of RICE FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON OF GROUND CINNAMON
- A PINCH OF SALT
- DEODORIZED SUNFLOWER OIL FOR DEEP FRYING
- Cut the pumpkin into rings, as thin as possible. Set aside.
- Prepare the tempura batter: in a bowl, add the arrowroot, the cornmeal, the rice flour, the cinnamon, the pinch of salt and the rice syrup. Add the very cold apple juice and mix with the stick until you get a smooth mixture. If you put a piece of pumpkin has to be coated and wrap the pumpkin without falling.
- Place this tempura preparation in the refrigerator and wait for about ten minutes.
- After this time, remove the batter from the fridge and taste if it is sweet enough and if tastes like cinnamon.
- Heat the oil until it reaches 180ºC, and when it reaches this temperature, introduce a piece of pumpkin coated with the tempura batter and fry until you feel it is crispy
KITCHEN TIPS: For this tempura to last a little longer crispy, make it more brownish (without getting burned) and remove as much oil as possible when you remove it from the oil. Try also with apple, it’s delicious!