Green Salad with Gomasio and Kale
Here is a simple recipe to prepare full of antioxidants and magnesium. It’s prepared with Kale, which in addition to this interesting mineral, also provides calcium.
Do not forget to separate the leaves from the stem, which is much harder. The stem, we can blanch it, slice and add to the salad along with the leaves. And enjoy!
SERVINGS: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy TIME: 15 Min.
- 14 TSP SESAME SEEDS
- 1 TEASPOON SEA SALT
- 1 NORI SHEET
- 4 KALE LEAVES
- 1 HANDFUL OF ARUGULA
- A RED ONION
- ORGANIC FLAXSEED OIL OR OLIVE OIL
- SEA SALT, PEPPER
- Put water to boil in a pan with a little salt. Wash the kale leaves, cut them and separate the central stem.
- Prepare a pan with a steamer on top. When the water starts to boil, blanch the kale stems for 2 or 3 minutes in the steamer, remove them and after that, put the leaves just 1 minute. Let all cool down quickly.
- Wash the arugula well with water, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the arugula leaves, the kale, the red onion cut into thin rings, oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a pan, over high heat and stirring constantly, so that they don’t burn. When they are slightly roasted, keep them in a bowl and wait until they cool down.
- In a mortar or Suribachi, introduce the toasted sesame seeds, the tablespoon of sea salt and the toasted Nori seaweed. Crush everything together.
- Mix all the ingredients together and season with flaxseed oil or olive oil.
KITCHEN TIPS: It gives a special touch to add a little mustard and lemon juice mixed with the olive oil or flaxseed oil in the salad. We can also add some raisins if the salad is too acid.