Vegan Cheese and Spirulina Dip
Many preparations, like dips and vegan cheese, can be made with nuts and seeds, that are delicious and very tasty. I present a “dip” or “vegan cheese” to spread, very simple to prepare.
Spirulina is a chelating seaweed, highly recommended if there are high doses of heavy metals in the body, but it’s better to prepare or use it in cold elaborations, as its components spoil with the heat.
SERVINGS: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy TIME: 10 Minutes
(4 hours more to soak the sunflower seeds)
- 1 CUP AND A HALF OF SUNFLOWER SEEDS
- 1/4 CUP NUTRITIONAL YEAST
- 50 GR ARUGULA
- 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC
- 1 TBSP WHITE MISO
- 4 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 2 TBSP LEMON JUICE
- 1 TBSP UMEBOSHI VINEGAR
- ½ CUP OF WATER
- 2 TSP SPIRULINA
- SALT, PEPPER
- Soak the sunflower seeds at least for 4 hours in water.
- In a food processor, blend the sunflower seeds, the nutritional yeast and the clove of garlic.
- Apart, blend the arugula with the lemon juice, the umeboshi vinegar, the white miso, the water and the olive oil.
- Join the two mixtures and blend again until you get the desired consistency.
KITCHEN TIPS: It’s a mixture that you have to try several times, it has to have a little bit of acidity, so if you do not get it, add more umeboshi vinegar, but if it’s already salty enough, you just have to add lemon juice. It is also good with a little spicy like rocoto pasta, or a few chilli flakes.